Monday, October 22, 2012

My super awesome hockey, Lolita fashion, Victorian, Rococo Room!


Part 1 in a series titled, "My super awesome hockey, Lolita fashion, Victorian, Rococo Room!"

The 'Big Move' is coming up! That’s what I’m calling this semi-cross country trek from New York to North Carolina that will commence early November. I’ll be getting a new room, a bigger one, with two closets! I finally have the space to make this room what I’ve always dreamt of: cute, sporty, and a little geeky.


Picture 1 (Tumblr) / Picture 2: saganaga [Flickr]
Items for the room:
  • Bedroom Furniture (daybed, night stand, dresser, and computer desk)
  • Curtains
  • Lighting
  • Rug
  • Book cases and shelving
  • Accent pieces and artwork

How do you decorate a room with a hockey stick and posters with a feminine, cute aesthetic? This is the gazillion dollar question that I’ve been asking for a few weeks now. I have an eclectic collection of stuff, ranging from hockey posters, autographed pictures, bobbleheads, and other memorabilia. Lastly, my collection of ABJDs needs a dedicated space that will allow for collection expansion.

The conundrum is making a theme work from so many unrelated items. I’ve been looking at pictures of bedrooms with my interested themes: sporty, feminine, and romantic.  To pull off this look, I am constantly looking for inspiration from everything to achieve the theme. The images in this post, achieve what I would want in that ideal theme: sporty, cute, and feminine. 

Pictures -clockwise- 1 & 2 ChiiChick

There are a few restrictions with the apartment. So I can’t drill large holes for hanging a mirror or shelf and the walls are an interesting, yellow-gold color. The wall color will have to be “ignored” since painting isn’t an option. I’m going to Lowe’s to get paint swatches and find printed fabric swatches to build my color palette. 

If all else fails, I could try to recreate Momoko’s room - with the edition of a hockey stick of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment