Thursday, December 20, 2012

Once Upon a Frilly Time - Part 1: Storybrooke

I have been swept away by ABC's television show, Once Upon a Time. I didn't watch the series when it aired originally as I wasn't that interested (I was distracted by hockey and baseball to be honest). The entire first season is available to stream on Netflix, so I took advantage of that and marathoned the episodes for a few days. After the pilot, I was completely hooked!

Fairy tales in many forms, whether a Disney adaptation or in a book, have been in my heart and memory since I was a young child. Thus, the natural progression to watching OUAT and enjoying it started rather organically. I love the way the show explains the fairy tales, with the dual worlds, but most of all the show represents women in a positive way.  They are empowered  intelligent, beautiful, and most of all they are independent.  In short, they're badass.

Now begins the series of Lolita coordinates inspired by the female characters of Once Upon a Time.

This entry will focus on the main and some supporting cast: the Storybrooke version.
Note: None of the characters have a handbag added as in the tv show they are rarely seen carrying any of the sort. However, I know Ruby may have had a basket but I didn't feel that handbags would be that significant. There are other minor characters I left out because they show up may be 1 or 2 episodes and either are not reoccurring or rarely seen after that.

The coordinates were chosen based on the character's attitude, general clothing style, and personality. Plus, I have to be honest, I definitely picked items that I like and would definitely wear!

Emma Swann
Angelic Pretty - POP'N ROCK Riders Jacket
BTSSB - Ribbon collar cutsew
BTSSB - Saint Helena jumperskirt
Rocket Dog Rachel Boots [Zappos]

Mary Margaret Blanchard
Alice and the Pirates - Hide-and-Seek With Missin' Alice Print Skirt
Innocent World - Round Collar Pearl Tulle blouse
Angelic Pretty - Ribbon Stripe cardigan
AP - Wired Ribbon Beret
Gabriella Rocha Riley [Zappos]

Regina Mills
AatP - Prince Conrad Blouse
IW - Ribbon bustle skirt
IW -Vanessa jacket
AP - Trump Doll headbow
Ralph Lauren - Nanine [Zappos]

Ruby
AP - Ribbon Applique Beret
AatP - Juliette Blouse
BABY - My Little Red Riding Hood Gingham skirt
BABY - Versailles Rose Bouquet Socks
Bodyline - Shoes 155
Belle
IW - Merry Rose JSK
IW - Rachel Short bolero
IW - Philharmonie Angel OTK socks
BABY - Grosgrain ribbon headband
Gabrielle Rocha Athens [Zappos]


I hope you enjoyed these and please leave comments on what you like, didn't like, or have suggestions for future post in the series!

Stay tuned for Part 2: The Queens, Princesses, and ladies of Fairytale land!

No comments:

Post a Comment