Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 New Year Resolution - The Wishlist

Original graphic from hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
Happy New Year! 2013 arrived and brought with it the promise of a new start for many resolutions and goals. From choosing a healthy diet, adding a fitness routine, or saving money, people all over the world are choosing a different path for the new year in hopes of a positive result. After all, isn't that the best part of a new year to work hard towards a goal to see what will happen in 364 days? It's an extreme example because humans aren't perfect and will power sometimes fades but I believe that's the beauty of the challenge.



My New Year resolutions are a variety such as getting my driver's license, exercising, reading more books, and attending conventions. I did have a few Lolita goals for 2013 like wearing the fashion more and to truly enjoy it. To do this, a "sub-resolution" is working on my wishlist. Since I started in Lolita fashion, some 7 years ago, I have kept a diligent wishlist of items that I would want. So my goal to obtain the 5 items from the list. These 5 dresses I covet for their style, print, color, and because I simply love them. I budgeted and average cost for them based on research from egl-comm-sales, mbok, closet child, and other second hand markets.

If the item I want is impossible to find, I move on to the next one and so on - it's a revolving wheel. In between these purchases, I'll look for accessories both brand and offbrand to go with them. So at the end, the whole journey allows me to build my closet with pieces I will cherish and love.

Dresses will be listed in order of importance as well as the respective colorways.
First up:
Angelic Pretty Lady Rose Back Frill JSK 
in pink or Mint (If I could I would get both)

BTSSB Angel's whisper in the holy night melody Pattern Michael JSK
in black, ivory, or sax


Innocent World Grazia Crown JSK
in navy or black

Angelic Pretty Toy Parade JSK (2012)
in pink, mint, lavender, and white


Innocent World Bertille Rose JSK
in wine


Wish me luck! I'm planning on using as many tools of the secondhand trade to try and find these :) !

Do you have any items on your wishlist you're going for this year?
What's your Lolita fashion new year resolution?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your challenge, you've got a lovely list there! I just adore the Bertille Rose jsk, I think it may have to go on my wishlist as well.

    I'm terrible at resolutions but I'd like to sew more lolita things for myself this year :D

    ReplyDelete