Saturday, May 25, 2013

First Anime Con! - Animazement

Today, I attended my first Anime convention, "Animazement"! I was dressed in Lolita and was an example model for OTT Sweet for my friend, Sakuraohki (please check out her Etsy, she makes gorgeous steampunk/victoria themed items that work very well with Gothic & Classic style). There were other Lolita's from my local group who were also models. Everyone look beautiful and had such lovely coordinates! Such a range of styles like sweet, old school, gothic, and classic. It was a great experience to represent Lolita fashion and help my friend with her panel!

Totally has an Instagram filter :|
Details:
» JSK - Angelic Pretty
» Blouse - from Macy’s
» Tights - Joe Boxer
» Shoes - off brand
» Jewelry - Claire’s and other
» Hair accessories all off brand
» Wig - “It’s a wig” in Rafaella

After the panel, I wanted to take in the entire convention from the artist alley to the dealers room. There were panels on many different subjects, but I decided to walk around instead. There were many brilliant cosplays, especially of my favorite fandoms and characters like Dr. Who, Fili & Kili, Game of Thrones, and Trigun (one of my fave Animes). I didn't take any pictures of them because I just wanted to take it in and there were so many things I wanted a picture of.

The Artist Alley was very unique in that there was a variety of original works ranging from comics, art prints, stickers, hats, jewelry, and more. So many talented artists and writers. I was impressed with their skill and dedication. I'm glad they were given such a showcase as this convention to present that work to the masses!

Here's the only pictures I took of the artist alley, dealer's room, and one attendee.




One artist was giving out free business cards featuring one of their original characters! I took one with the character Snow-by-Night, I loved the color of her hair and her look! I'm definitely going to read their story! Please check out their website snowbynight.com


It took me a bit of time to find the dealer's room, but when I did, I was completely amazed at all the items for sale! There were weapons, steampunk accessories (the watches were glorious), wigs, plush dolls, anime figures, manga, and much much more. I could have easily spent 24 hours walking around and figuring out what I wanted to buy, especially the Anime dvd sets and steampunk accessories. Ah and all the Dr. Who merchandise that was everywhere! I had to yield self control for I could have done serious wallet damage. I do regret not buying the Battlestar Galactica patches I saw.

My spoils were small and very adorable! I purchased a narwhal necklace from Tastypeachstudios ! All of her items were very cute, but she's also a very talented artist as every item was an original piece. Plus the lady, I don't know her name, who I believe is behind Tasty Peach Studios, is a Lolita! She was wearing Angelic Pretty's Milky Planet - new release, and looked so cute in it! Above all, her personality was so bubbly and she was so sweet!

I bought a gift for a friend which I won't describe because it's a surprise! For my mom and myself - since we both love super cute giraffes, I purchased this adorable plush. Isn't she darling?! They had bigger ones but I could bring one that big into my room - already run with plushies - so I settled for the smallest size. She doesn't have a name yet :O!

Wow, overall I would say I had a memorable experience - but in such a way that I'm hooked. I want to attend future conventions, as a cosplayer and as a Lolita! I'm not sure what I'll cosplay but I think I want to do something Battlestar Galactica related! Everyone was so nice and sweet when they asked to take my pictures or ask me about my outfit. I've never been this happy attending an event like this but also as a Lolita. I was so comfortable and felt so elegant. It was very special :D

What an amazing day!

My apologies on this post if it doesn't make much sense, I had a migraine in the morning and still recovering from it -_- while at the con.

No comments:

Post a Comment