Friday, May 3, 2013

Hi Sugary Quinn, Goodbye The Frill Zone

I changed the blog name from The Frill Zone to Sugary Quinn.

I hit a creative speed bump. While I did love bringing sports and lolita fashion together, I wanted to focus more on fashion. I'll still write some sports posts but they'll be more personal in nature than analytical. I also need to finish the Lord of the Rings coordinate series. That will get posted tomorrow.

Sugary Quinn is also my Tumblr name now (sugaryquinn.tumblr.com).

The significance behind the name centers around my favorite book as a child: Princess Nevermore by Dian Curtis Regan.  The main character's name is Princess Quinnella, when she comes to Earth, she shortens it to Quinn. (Not going to reveal anything else because it would just be spoilers) A constant companion of mine all throughout elementary and middle school, this book sparked creativity at me at such a young age and gave me a fantasy world that I loved.  I wrote my first fan fic, fan art, and even cosplay (when I was like 8 with Halloween costumes), and even dressed up my dolls like the characters in the book.

The only other book to touch me as much as this one is The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman.

The funny thing is, if I remember my AOL screennames from 10+ years ago, the all centered around this book and The Golden Compass! 

I added sugary because it sounds sweet and fun, it's short and to the point. 



I'll be adding some other topics such as Fairy Kei and Cult Party Kei, both of which are very popular and have intrigued me for a few years now. Why not give it a try and talk about it!? Plus, I may give the fashion a try, I know I've been wearing Lolita fashion for years and did decora a bit before that, so I'm really excited to have some off day wear. I need some more pastels in my life!

These gifs are added to express my emotions right now with the name change.







No comments:

Post a Comment